If you enjoy fishing, snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving, whale watching or the sea life in general; you’ll love spending time in Loreto! We’ll help you find good food to eat and fun things to do.
About The Site
Things to know about this site. We don’t rent anything. We don’t sell anything. Businesses don’t pay to be listed. We are not sponsored by anyone. This is purely a volunteer effort to provide information on Loreto. You can support us by hiring us to build a great WordPress Web site for you!
Loreto Mexico Info Blog
Loreto Pickleball Club Now Has Dedicated Website
A little over three years ago I wrote Pickleball Courts Hidden Away in Loreto Bay. As this post was one of the few places to find Loreto...
Sammy Hagar Rocks 75th Birthday at Cabo Wabo Cantina
If you've listened to any rock and roll for the past fifty plus years, you are likely familiar with Sammy Hagar. Maybe you remember his days in...
The Increasing Ways to Fly to Loreto
Loreto is a fairly small town in a fairly remote area of Baja California Sur. But thanks to an International airport, there are numerous ways to...
A Week of Crazy Critters in Loreto Bay
If you've spent time in Loreto Bay, you know that you're going to see a variety of animals. In the last week, I've seen some of them in unusual...
Watching Hummingbird Nest and the Two Babies
While out walking the dog, someone mentioned there was a hummingbird nest near the garages. When I first saw it, there wasn't a lot to see. It...
Loreto Events Calendar Upgraded and Filling Up
For the past two years, events in Loreto have been limited due to COVID. While there were events, we didn't do a great job of keeping the Events...
Loreto BCS, Mexico
Loreto Mexico Info
Press Talking About Loreto and Baja
- On January 7, 2011 there was an article in the New York Times entitled The 41 Places to Go in 2011 and Loreto was listed as the #8 destination worldwide. “Long known for sport fishing, Loreto, on BajaCalifornia Sur’s eastern coast, is poised to become one of Mexico’s next luxury destinations.”
- On February 17, 2012, USA Today published an article titled Mexico for the wary: A guide to safe, popular travel spots and Loreto was one of the featured locations. Along with the article is a photo gallery including two photos of Loreto (photos 15 and 16).
- On March 14, 2012, an article named US State Department Recognizes Safety of La Paz and South Baja. Loreto is in that region and thus has been recognized as a very safe area of Mexico to visit.
- California dreaming: Loreto development preserves unique Mexican culture
- On June 26, 2019, Forbes Mexico wrote ¿Vacaciones en puerta? Loreto es el Pueblo Mágico favorito para viajar en verano
- The Ultimate Baja, Mexico Travel Guide – January 30, 2020